recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Conservatism & Christianity "Defined"

(Please pause Sonific Songspot prior to playing video)

Please note: Material in video is not graphic, although very disturbing, but does contain one episode of profanity. If you choose not to watch the video, Barkley's discussion has been written out below for you with the language edited.

I usually would just put a picture of Barkley at the top and let you read the text, but I felt that it was so important to see the disdain that he has from his own lips regarding his complete misunderstanding of the true Body of Christ.



David Edwards and Chris Tackett
Published: Friday February 15, 2008


Former NBA star Charles Barkley, who is not known for his timidity when it comes to discussing his political beliefs, will surely be ruffling right-wing feathers with his latest comments.

Barkley, currently an NBA commentator for the TNT network, appeared today on CNN's 'Situation Room.' When asked by host Wolf Blitzer about his views on the presidential race, Barkley said he didn't want to see the Republicans win because they were 'fake Christians.'

The comment came after Barkley was asked his reasons for supporting presidential candidate Barack Obama, rather than Hillary Clinton or any of the Republican candidates.

"I've got great respect for Sen. McCain, great respect, but I don't like the way Republicans have taken this country," said Barkley. "Every time I hear the word 'conservative,' it makes me sick to my stomach, because they're really just fake Christians, as I call them. That's all they are."

Blitzer moved on to a different question following the comment, but later followed-up at the end of his interview and asked him to elaborate on what he meant by "fake Christian."

"I think they want to be judge and jury," Barkley replied. "Like, I'm for gay marriage. It's none of my business if gay people want to get married. I'm pro-choice. And I think these Christians, first of all, they're not supposed to judge other people. But they're the most hypocritical judge of people we have in the country. And it bugs * me. They act like they're Christians. They're not forgiving at all."


****I will post my response to this video very soon! Stay tuned!********




4 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Angelena!
Thanks for your posting and have a good weekend

rachel said...

Someday this man will be on his face before the God of the universe...

Stylin said...

People lump all Christians into one big gay bashing group.I am friends with some women who said that all republicans were Baptist white people,I explained that we were all not the same,I am brown,baptist,republican and dont really ahte anyone !We became friends after that
But as a Christian I am against gay marriage,I am not against gay people.We are all the same.I cannot judge anyone when I have sin in my life.

Anonymous said...

funny how he keeps saying we judge, but is that not what he is doing also?! is that like calling the kettle black?! And then to generalize all of us into one lump is just silly to me.