recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Friday, February 29, 2008

For Sarah

I am about to expose myself here in this post for the mother I truly am. *smile* The other night some great friends invited us over for dinner. Late in the evening we noticed the the kids were just a little too quiet in the kitchen. We looked around the corner and found them all sitting at the table painting with watercolors! My boys were especially enjoying it and loving the creativity!

I exclaimed, "Wow! They've never painted before with real paints!" (Granted, they have all kinds of 'mess free' paints, markers, crayons, glue, etc.- but it's never occurred to me to buy real paint...don't ask me why.)

My friend turns to me with absolute shock on her face. "You've never let them paint before?"

All of a sudden I felt like the A+ homeschooling mother of the year award was completely in my grasp. We began to laugh heartily as I admitted that we didn't even own watercolors!

So, the next morning- bright and early- the boys and I headed to Wallyworld (Wal*mart) and purchased a whopping total of $7.00 for paints and accessories. That was five days ago... besides daily chores, devotions, meal times and the occasional free-play... you will find my boys around the kitchen table with the much coveted paints. Enjoy the pictures!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, you changed your blog. It looks nice. Of course I loved it before too. I remember painting with water colors when I was little. I loved it! I'm so glad the boys are enjoying this new activity. -Meghan

Tracy said...

I had to wonder if I was on the right blog! This was my first template. It is really cute.