recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Adventures of Black Friday 2007


I pulled into the Meijer parking lot under the cover of dark and made my way to the back of the store. There wasn't an abundance of customers, but many more than the usual 3rd shift patrons. I was delighted to find that the pillow aisle, of all places, was abandoned and felt it beckon me to set up camp. I stacked some pillows up against the racks, laid down my goose feather 'pillow' vest and relaxed back to watch the commotion. I found a nearby bookshelf stacked with recent best sellers and sat back to take in a few chapters of Kevin Trudeau's newest smash on the drug companies. I had also brought some breakfast in form of an energy bar (very important).






About 4:15am (keeping in mind that the ropes were dropped at 5am) I asked a sales associate where a specific item would be located in the sale grid. (I had promised a friend to get this item) He informed me that this year all of the electronics were located at various points of the store and you would need to wait in line. (Now, you must remember in my post about last year we talked about the 'logistic nightmare' of the setup) They had fixed it! Good for Meijer...bad for me! I was in the wrong area all this time!




I jumped up, tossed the pillows back into the racks and bolted for the front of the store. I found the line just in time and settled in for the 45 minute wait. There were only 30 spots available for this line and I had captured number 10. Within minutes the other spots were filled! Whew... Just in time!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That does not sound like fun.