recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

13.1

It is done! Yesterday I did another 1/2 marathon and actually beat my previous time! We had great weather- 40's, overcast, and very windy! I consider this good running weather because it kept me wide awake the whole time! I started out with some friends, but ended up running by myself after about four miles to keep up with "my pace". I have found that if I stress myself to keep up with someone else or hang back to "stay" with them- it throws me all out of whack and I don't end up finishing very strong. I enjoyed my run and especially the race route- we ran mostly through campus areas and had a lot of the college crowd cheering us on. Enjoy the pictures! My next challenge is preparing for the Susan G. Komen triathlon in eight weeks!

"Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth"!


Race morning from my front door! Isn't the sky beautiful? I was reminded of the Glory of our Creator God in abundance yesterday!

Race prep! I always have to lay out everything the night before or I'll forget something the next day! Don't you love how color-coordinated I am? :)

Yes, I look ridiculous. Husband was kind enough to get a 'blog-shot' for me the morning of the race around 6:30am. The camera wasn't working for him later, so this is the only pic I have! (He did get me running across the finish line via video camera- so will have to load that one up soon!)


The medal! Of course, it would have been nice to get a pic of me actually wearing the lovely award, but I was sick as a dog after the race. This happens every time! I have no idea why. Well, at least this time I didn't end up in the med tent.


Pre-race. My girlfriends and I are super excited about running! A nice runner guy among us was kind enough to take our picture with my cell phone camera. We were wearing our trash bags, but decided that wasn't really 'Kodak' material.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! That's got to be a good feeling.

Knit-Wit said...

Wow - I'm impressed. I haven't done any serious running since my college days.... and we won't say how long ago that was.

Tracy said...

Good for you! Sounds like great running weather. I have gotten to run a lot lately. Love it. Enjoy your time with no computer! I couldn't do it.

Wendy said...

Great job! I always set my stuff out the night before too.

What a beautiful sunrise!