recipes. whatever is true. adoption. whatever is just. redemption. whatever is honorable. modesty. whatever is pure. motherhood. whatever is lovely. think about it.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Copyright? What copyright??


So, here is a little rant on my part about copyrighted images...


I did an engagement session for a friend of mine a couple of months ago. We had such a great time and they were such a great couple to work with! For their wedding gift, I gave them the full CD session of all their photos to allow them to print/reprint as much as they desired!


My dad who owns his own CD duplication business was kind enough to provide me with my own professional logo and personalized discs/jewel cases. They look awesome! On the bottom of the CD in huge print it states the following, "Copyright 2008..... All rights reserved".


My friend took the CD to a printer and the employee saw that it was a protected disc and asked for the copyright waiver (which I had failed to give her). She explained to the lady that she didn't have one and the lady said to her, "Well, we'll go ahead and do it just this one time."


Now, granted- she's a friend and it was a gift...I absolutely wanted her to make all the copies of the disc that she wanted to. But, I was shocked about the lack of law abiding behavior on the part of the photo lab employee. I shouldn't be amazed, but I am.
Ummm, copyright? What copyright?


2 comments:

Wendy said...

just checking here to see how your race went today. i thought of you. i'll posted info on mine soon.

Frasypoo said...

Thats bad.I have never had that problem here tho.They wont even print any picture that looks professional!
How was your race?Mine was bad!